Who was there: Claire, Justin, Ellen, Angel & Heather .
Another rainy London day. This pub just opposite the Law Courts on The Strand.
The food to be honest was pretty average 'pub fayre'. The building is amazing though.
Interestingly, the George was founded in 1723 as a coffee house and became a Hotel in 1830, then a pub. Old regulars are Oliver Goldsmith and Samuel Johnson (according to their website).
Given the area on a Sunday there was not much choice around the area.We had originally planned to go to another pub, but found it was closed on a Sunday - we really need to plan these lunches more.
Phone: 020 7353 9638